Blink Camera is one of the popular wireless security cameras that offer a wide range of features to its users. One of the features of the Blink Camera is armed and disarmed mode, which plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety of your home and surroundings.
Armed Mode: Armed mode means that the Blink Camera is active, and it detects and captures any motion or movement that takes place in its line of vision. When the Blink Camera is in armed mode, it starts recording a 5-second clip and sends an alert to the connected device if any motion is detected.
Disarmed Mode: Disarmed mode, on the other hand, means that the Blink Camera is inactive and not recording any footage. When the Blink Camera is in disarmed mode, it does not capture any motion or movement, and you will not receive any alerts or notifications.
Some of the benefits of Armed and Disarmed mode of Blink Camera are –
1. Convenience – Armed and disarmed modes are easy to use and operate. You can quickly switch between the two modes using the Blink app or Alexa voice commands.
2. Energy Saving – Disarming your Blink Camera when you do not require it, helps you to save energy and reduce your power bills.
3. Privacy – When you are at home, you can disarm your Blink Camera to protect your privacy and avoid unnecessary alerts.
In conclusion, Armed and disarmed mode of Blink Camera plays a vital role in securing your home and surroundings. Armed mode helps you to stay informed of any movements, while disarmed mode provides you with privacy and energy-saving.
Commonly Asked Questions
1. What does it mean when the blink camera is armed?
Arming the blink camera means the camera is ready and actively monitoring the surroundings for any movement or activity. When armed, the camera will capture and record any motion detected in its range.
2. Can I arm and disarm blink camera remotely?
Yes, you can arm and disarm blink camera remotely using the Blink app on your mobile device. The app provides a toggle button that allows you to toggle the camera’s armed/disarmed status from anywhere as long as the camera is online and connected.
3. What is the difference between the armed and disarmed modes on Blink camera?
The armed mode is the active surveillance mode where the camera is triggered upon any detected motion or activity. While the disarmed mode is when the camera is deactivated or turned off, and it will not capture any videos or pictures.