If you don’t want Instagram to save posts to your camera roll, there are a few steps you can take. While it’s great to have your favorite posts on hand whenever you want, saving all your liked posts can take up precious space on your device. Here’s how to stop Instagram saving posts to your camera roll:
1. Open the Instagram app on your device and navigate to your profile page.
2. Click on the three horizontal lines on the top-right corner of the screen to bring up the Main Menu.
3. Scroll down until you see Settings at the bottom of the menu, and click on it to open the settings page.
4. Find the option “Saving Original Photos” and click on it.
5. Turn off the feature by sliding the button to the left, so that it switches from blue to white. This will stop Instagram from saving your photos to your device’s camera roll.
6. If you want to delete any previously saved images from your phone’s camera roll, you can do so by visiting the folder where they are stored and deleting them manually.
7. Additionally, you can also prevent Instagram from automatically saving your Stories to your device’s camera roll by following the same steps and disabling the “Save Shared Photos” option.
Taking these steps will help free up storage space on your device while still allowing you to enjoy your favorite posts on Instagram.
- Open Instagram
- Click on the Main Menu on the top right of your profile page
- Click on “Settings”
- Find “Saving Original Photos”
- Turn “Saving Original Photos” off
- Delete previously saved images if you want to
- Disable “Save Shared Photos” to stop Instagram from saving stories automatically
1. Can Instagram automatically save new posts to the camera roll?
Yes, Instagram has an option that allows new posts to be saved to the camera roll automatically. This feature is enabled by default in most cases.
2. How do I disable the feature that saves Instagram posts to my camera roll?
To disable the feature that saves Instagram posts to the camera roll, go to the Instagram app settings and select “Original Photos.” Toggle off the option to save original photos to the camera roll.
3. Does disabling the feature to save Instagram posts to the camera roll affect existing posts?
Disabling the feature to save Instagram posts to the camera roll only affects new posts. Existing posts that have already been saved on the camera roll will remain there unless they are deleted manually.
4. Can I still save Instagram posts to my camera roll manually after disabling the automatic saving feature?
Yes, you can still save Instagram posts to your camera roll manually by tapping the “Save” icon under the post. This will download the image or video to your phone’s camera roll.