There can be several reasons why someone might want to stop their Blink camera from recording. Whether it’s because they want to preserve the privacy of their family members or they simply don’t want to be recorded, disabling the camera’s recording function is a simple process. Here are a few steps that you should follow if you wish to stop your Blink camera from recording:
1. First, open up the Blink app on your device- either a smartphone or tablet.
2. Select the camera that you want to disable the recording function.
3. Tap on “Settings” which can be found within the camera dashboard.
4. In the menu, you will see options like “Camera Name” and “Motion Detection.”
5. Tap on “Motion Detection” and disable the slider next to the “Record Motion” option.
6. If you want to turn off the entire camera, switch off the “Active” toggle under the “Status” option.
If you follow these steps, your Blink camera will stop recording. You can easily turn it back on by following the same process but enabling the “Record Motion” option or switching on the “Active” toggle. It is important to note that disabling the camera entirely is not recommended, as the device is designed for security purposes. If you feel that the camera is an intrusion to your privacy, it might be best to relocate it or remove it completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I temporarily stop my Blink camera from recording?
To temporarily stop your Blink camera from recording, you can use the camera’s privacy mode feature. This can be done through the app on your smartphone. Simply tap on the camera name, choose “Settings” then choose “Privacy Mode.” Once enabled, your camera will stop recording and motion detection will be disabled until you turn it off.
2. Can I stop my Blink camera from recording specific events?
Yes, you can disable motion detection for specific periods of time or events. In the Blink app, go to the camera’s settings and choose “Motion Detection.” From there, you can set a schedule or adjust the sensitivity of the motion detection. You can also disable motion detection for specific zones by creating an activity zone.
3. How do I permanently turn off my Blink camera?
If you want to stop your Blink camera from recording permanently, you can do so by removing the batteries or disconnecting the power source. However, this will also disable any other features of the camera. If you only want to disable motion detection or recording, you can follow the steps outlined in the first FAQ.