Setting up an IP camera without internet can be a bit tricky, but it is possible. Here are the steps to follow:
1. First, you need to ensure that the camera you have is capable of working without an internet connection. Check the camera manual or contact the manufacturer to confirm this.
2. Next, connect the camera to a power source and turn it on.
3. Connect the camera to your computer using an Ethernet cable. Make sure your computer is connected to a network that has a DHCP server.
4. Once the camera is connected, open the web browser on your computer and type in the default IP address of the camera. This information should be in the camera manual.
5. You will be prompted to enter a username and password to access the camera settings. Enter the default credentials or the ones you set up previously.
6. In the camera settings, look for the network settings and change the IP address to one that is compatible with your network. Make sure the subnet mask and default gateway are also correct.
7. Save the changes and disconnect the Ethernet cable from the camera and the computer.
8. Connect the camera to a router that is not connected to the internet using another Ethernet cable.
9. Turn on the router and connect your computer to it using another Ethernet cable.
10. Open the web browser again and type in the new IP address of the camera.
11. You should now be able to access the camera settings and view the live feed.
Remember that without an internet connection, you will not be able to access the camera remotely or receive alerts. However, this setup can be useful for local surveillance or monitoring.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use an IP camera without an internet connection?
Yes, you can use an IP camera without an internet connection by setting it up for local access. This allows you to view live video footage on your local network without requiring an internet connection.
2. How do I set up my IP camera for local access?
To set up your IP camera for local access, you need to connect it to your home network using an Ethernet cable. Once connected, you need to configure the camera’s IP address and port settings, and then install software on your computer to view the camera feed.
3. Can I access my IP camera remotely without an internet connection?
No, you cannot access your IP camera remotely without an internet connection. Remote access requires an internet connection to transmit the camera feed over the internet to your computer or mobile device.
4. Do I need any special equipment to set up my IP camera without internet?
No, you do not need any special equipment to set up your IP camera without internet. You only need an Ethernet cable to connect your camera to your home network, and a computer or mobile device to view the camera feed.