Restarting an Arlo camera is a simple process, but it is important to follow the correct steps to avoid any damage to the device. Here are the steps to restart an Arlo camera:
1. Firstly, locate the camera that needs to be restarted.
2. Once you’ve found the camera, locate the reset button. The reset button is usually located on the bottom of the camera or on the side.
3. Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds. Release the button once the LED light on the camera turns amber.
4. Wait for a few seconds until the camera restarts completely. Once the LED light turns solid green, the camera is ready to use again.
5. Try to access the camera through the Arlo app or website to ensure that it is working correctly.
Here are a few points to keep in mind while restarting an Arlo camera:
– Ensure that the camera is not plugged in while restarting it.
– Do not press the reset button more than once as it can cause the device to malfunction.
– Make sure the camera is within range of the base station or the Wi-Fi network when restarting it.
By following these simple steps, you can quickly restart your Arlo camera and get it up and running again in no time.
Commonly Asked Questions
FAQs for How To Restart Arlo Camera
1. How often should I restart my Arlo camera?
Restarting your Arlo camera is not something that you need to do regularly. However, if you are experiencing any issues such as connectivity problems or glitchy footage, restarting your camera may help to resolve the issue.
2. How do I know if my Arlo camera is restarted?
Once you have restarted your Arlo camera, it will need to be reconnected to your Wi-Fi network before it will start working again. You can check the status of your camera in the Arlo app, and once it shows as being online, you can assume that it has been successfully restarted.
3. Will restarting my Arlo camera delete any of my footage?
No, restarting your Arlo camera will not delete any of your footage. The footage is stored in the cloud and will be accessible once your camera is back online. However, if you have any footage that you want to keep for longer than the default retention period, you should download it to your device or save it to your cloud storage.