Resetting the Vivint Doorbell Camera is a simple process that can be done in a few minutes. Follow these steps to reset your device:
1. First, locate the reset button on the back of the camera. It is a small button located near the bottom of the device.
2. Use a paperclip or similar tool to press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
3. After holding the button for 10 seconds, release it and wait for the device to reset. This should take a few seconds.
4. Once the device has reset, you will need to set it up again. Follow the instructions provided with the device to connect it to your Wi-Fi network and configure any settings.
5. If you have any issues resetting the device, try removing it from the Vivint app and then resetting it again.
It is important to note that resetting the Vivint Doorbell Camera will erase all of the device’s settings and stored data. This means that you will need to set it up again from scratch. If you are having issues with the device, try resetting it before contacting customer support. Resetting the device can often resolve many common issues. If you are still having problems after resetting the device, contact Vivint customer support for assistance.
1. How do I reset my Vivint doorbell camera?
To reset your Vivint doorbell camera, press and hold the reset button located on the back of the camera for 10 seconds. The camera will reboot and return to its factory settings.
2. Will resetting my Vivint doorbell camera delete my recordings?
Yes, resetting your Vivint doorbell camera will delete all of your recordings. Make sure to download any important videos before resetting the camera.
3. Why is my Vivint doorbell camera not resetting?
If your Vivint doorbell camera is not resetting, make sure you are pressing the reset button for at least 10 seconds. If it still does not reset, try unplugging the camera from power and removing the battery for a few minutes before trying again.
4. Can I reset my Vivint doorbell camera remotely?
No, you cannot reset your Vivint doorbell camera remotely. You will need to be physically present at the camera to press and hold the reset button.