If you are trying to reset your Ring camera, there are a few steps you can follow to ensure a successful reset. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you reset your Ring camera:
1. Locate the reset button: Depending on the model of your Ring camera, the reset button may be located in different places. For example, on the Ring Stick Up Cam, the reset button is located on the back of the camera, while on the Ring Video Doorbell, the reset button is located on the side of the device. Look for a small button that is usually recessed into the device.
2. Press and hold the reset button: Once you have located the reset button, press and hold it for about 20 seconds. You should see the light on the front of the camera flash a few times, indicating that the reset process has begun.
3. Release the reset button: After holding the reset button for 20 seconds, release it and wait for the camera to reboot. This may take a few minutes, so be patient and wait for the camera to fully restart.
4. Reconnect the camera to your account: Once the camera has rebooted, you will need to reconnect it to your Ring account. Open the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet and follow the prompts to set up the camera again.
5. Test the camera: Once you have reconnected the camera to your account, test it to make sure it is working properly. You may need to adjust the camera settings or reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network if necessary.
In summary, resetting your Ring camera is a straightforward process that involves locating the reset button, holding it down for 20 seconds, and then reconnecting the camera to your account. Following these simple steps should help you reset your camera and get it working properly again.
1. How do I reset my Ring camera?
To reset your Ring camera, press and hold the reset button on the back of the device for 15 seconds. The reset button is a small circular button located near the power cable.
2. Will resetting my Ring camera delete all my saved videos?
No, resetting your Ring camera will not delete any of your saved videos. However, it will delete any settings or preferences you may have set up on the device.
3. What should I do if my Ring camera is not resetting?
If your Ring camera is not resetting, make sure you are pressing and holding the reset button for the full 15 seconds. If it still does not reset, try unplugging the device from the power source and then plugging it back in before attempting to reset it again.
4. Do I need to set up my Ring camera again after resetting it?
Yes, you will need to set up your Ring camera again after resetting it. This includes connecting it to your Wi-Fi network and setting up any preferences or settings you may have had before the reset.