Resorting to a reset should be the last resort when dealing with technical issues in axis cameras. Resetting the camera to its original factory settings wipes all configurations, including the password. Restoring the camera to its original settings is useful when you forget your password, experience a bug or want to start from scratch.
Follow the steps below to reset your Axis camera:
- Firstly, connect your camera to your router or switch by grounding the power cable and cable from the camera.
- Next, use the Axis IP utility to detect the camera and obtain its IP address.
- Launch a web browser and type the IP address into the address bar to access the camera’s web interface.
- Click on the “Setup” tab and then “System Options,” and then “Security”.
- Scroll down to the “Reset” option and click “Factory Default.”
- Click “Yes” to confirm the reset. At this point, the camera should reboot, which may take several minutes.
- If the camera does not reboot or fails to respond, disconnect the power cable, hold down the reset switch, and connect the power cable again while continuing to hold it down for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the reset switch after another 10 seconds, and the camera should automatically start the reset process.
After successfully resetting the camera, the default username and password will be “root” and “pass.” It is vital to change the camera’s credentials and set up new configurations that align with your environment.
1. How do I reset my Axis camera?
To reset your Axis camera, you can use the reset button or software. Press and hold the reset button for more than 10 seconds, and the camera will reset to the factory settings. Alternatively, you can use Axis Camera Management software to reset the settings.
2. Will resetting Axis camera delete all the footage on it?
No, resetting your Axis camera will not delete any previously recorded footage. However, resetting the camera will erase all its current settings and revert it to its default settings.
3. Can I reset my Axis camera remotely?
Yes, you can reset your Axis camera remotely using Axis Camera Management software. This software allows you to manage and configure multiple cameras from a single user interface, giving you the ability to reset the settings remotely.
4. What should I do if I forget my Axis camera password?
If you forget your Axis camera password, you can reset it by pressing the reset button for more than 10 seconds or using the software to reset the settings. However, resetting the camera will erase all its current settings and revert it to its default settings. It is recommended to keep a record of your camera passwords in a secure place to avoid forgetting them.