To pair an Axon Camera, follow these steps:
Step 1: First, turn on the Axon Camera by pressing and holding the power button until it turns on.
Step 2: Then, connect the Axon Camera to your phone or device through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Here are the steps for each method:
- Wi-Fi: Go to your device’s Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Axon Camera’s network. The network name should begin with “Axon-” followed by a series of numbers and letters. If prompted for a password, enter the camera’s default password (which can be found in the user manual or on the camera itself).
- Bluetooth: Open your device’s Bluetooth settings and search for the Axon Camera. Once the camera appears, select it to begin pairing.
Step 3: Once connected, open the Axon View app on your device. The app should automatically detect the camera and prompt you to pair it. Follow the in-app instructions to complete the pairing process.
Step 4: Finally, test the camera by taking a photo or video through the app. If everything is working properly, you should be able to see the live camera feed and save media to your device.
Remember to keep your Axon Camera charged and updated with the latest firmware for optimal performance.
FAQs for How To Pair Axon Camera
1. How do I pair my Axon camera with my smartphone?
To pair your Axon camera with your smartphone, first, make sure that both devices have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. Then, download and open the Axon View app on your smartphone. Next, press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the camera until the LED light starts blinking. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions on the app to complete the pairing process.
2. Can I pair multiple Axon cameras with the same smartphone?
Yes, you can pair multiple Axon cameras with the same smartphone as long as you have downloaded the Axon View app and follow the same pairing process for each additional camera. Once paired, you can switch between cameras on the app.
3. What should I do if my Axon camera is not pairing with my smartphone?
If your Axon camera is not pairing with your smartphone, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. First, make sure that the camera is turned on and the battery is charged. Additionally, ensure that your smartphone and camera are within range of each other, and that they are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If the issue persists, try restarting both devices and attempting to pair them again.