Changing the WiFi settings on a Wyze camera is a relatively simple process. There are a few steps that need to be taken in order to successfully connect the camera to a new WiFi network, and these are outlined below:
1. First, make sure the Wyze camera is powered on and connected to the existing WiFi network.
2. Open the Wyze app on your mobile device and navigate to the Camera tab.
3. Select the camera you want to change the WiFi settings for.
4. Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to access the camera settings.
5. Scroll down and tap on Network Settings.
6. Tap on the WiFi network you want to connect to.
7. Enter the WiFi password if prompted.
8. Wait for the camera to connect to the new WiFi network.
9. Once the camera has successfully connected to the new WiFi network, it will display a message stating that it is now online.
10. Finally, make sure to test the camera to ensure it is working properly on the new network.
It is important to note that if the WiFi network you are trying to connect to has a different password or security settings than the existing network, you may need to reset the camera to its default settings before you can connect it to the new network. To do this, simply press and hold the setup button until the camera’s status light flashes yellow. This will reset the camera to its default settings and allow you to connect it to a new network.
Commonly Asked Questions
1. How do I access the Wifi settings on my Wyze Camera?
To access the Wifi settings on your Wyze Camera, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet
2. Select the Wyze Cam you want to change the connection for
3. Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner
4. Select “Advanced Settings”
5. Tap on “Wifi Settings”
6. Select the network you want to connect to and enter the password
7. Tap “Save” to apply the changes.
2. Why can’t I connect my Wyze Camera to my Wifi network?
There could be several reasons why you cannot connect your Wyze Camera to your Wifi network. Some possible reasons include:
– Incorrect password: Make sure you are entering the correct password for your Wifi network.
– Network compatibility issues: Check if your Wifi network supports 2.4 GHz connections, as Wyze Cameras do not work with the 5 GHz band.
– Network congestion: If there are too many devices connected to your Wifi network, it can cause connection issues.
– Distance from router: If your Wyze Camera is too far away from your Wifi router, the signal may not be strong enough to establish a stable connection.
3. Can I change the Wifi network on my Wyze Camera remotely?
Yes, you can change the Wifi network on your Wyze Camera remotely, as long as you have access to the Wyze app and an internet connection. Simply follow the same steps as you would if you were changing the Wifi network in-person, and the changes will be applied to your camera as soon as it reconnects to the internet. However, keep in mind that if you change the Wifi network remotely, you may lose access to the camera temporarily until it reconnects to the new network.
4. Will changing the Wifi network on my Wyze Camera reset any of my settings or recordings?
No, changing the Wifi network on your Wyze Camera should not reset any of your settings or recordings. The camera will retain all of its previous settings and recordings, even after it reconnects to the new Wifi network. However, if you experience any issues after changing the network, you may need to troubleshoot your camera to ensure that it is functioning properly.