Resetting a Ring camera is a straightforward process that involves a few simple steps. Whether you are dealing with a technical problem or want to start afresh, resetting your Ring camera is an effective solution. Here’s how to reset your Ring camera:
1. Press and hold the reset button: The reset button is typically located on the back of the camera. Use a paperclip or a pointed object to press and hold the button for at least 15 seconds. Release the button once the LED light on the front of the camera starts flashing.
2. Wait for the camera to reset: Once you release the reset button, the camera will begin the reset process. Wait for the LED light to stop flashing and turn solid blue. This may take a few minutes.
3. Reconnect the camera to your network: After the camera has reset, you will need to reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network. Follow the on-screen prompts in the Ring app to complete the setup process.
4. Test the camera: Once the camera is reconnected to your network, test it to ensure it is working properly. Open the Ring app and check for live video feed from the camera.
It is important to note that resetting your Ring camera will erase all settings and configurations, including any scheduled recordings and motion detection zones. Additionally, it is recommended to first try troubleshooting any issues with your camera before resetting it. If you are still experiencing problems, a reset may be necessary to resolve the issue.
1. How can I reset my Ring camera?
To reset your Ring camera, press and hold the setup button on the camera for about 20 seconds. The light on the camera will go off and then start flashing, indicating that it’s resetting.
2. Will resetting my Ring camera delete all my recorded videos?
No, resetting your Ring camera will not delete any recorded videos. However, you will need to set up the camera again and reconfigure its settings.
3. What should I do if my Ring camera doesn’t reset?
If your Ring camera doesn’t reset after pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, you can try unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in. If that doesn’t work, contact Ring customer support for further assistance.