Removing a Tesla side camera is not a difficult task, but it requires a few tools and careful handling. A damaged or malfunctioning camera may need to be removed and replaced with a new one. Here are the steps to remove a Tesla side camera:
1. Turn off the power of your Tesla car.
2. Locate the side camera that needs to be removed. The side cameras are located near the front wheel wells, just behind the front wheels.
3. Carefully pry open the black plastic cover that is covering the camera. You can use a plastic pry tool or a small flathead screwdriver for this.
4. Once the cover is removed, you will see a small connector that is attaching the camera to the car. You will need to disconnect the connector by pressing down on the tab and gently pulling the connector out.
5. Unscrew the two screws that are holding the camera in place. Use a screwdriver that fits the screws properly to avoid stripping them.
6. Gently pull out the camera from its housing. Be careful not to damage the camera or the housing.
7. If you need to reinstall the camera, insert it back into the housing and screw it in place. Reconnect the connector, and replace the black plastic cover.
Overall, removing a Tesla side camera is a simple task that requires just a few tools and careful handling. With the right tools and the right approach, anyone can remove and replace a Tesla side camera.