Recovering formatted SD card from camera can be a daunting task, but there are several ways to do it. Here are some steps to follow:
1. Stop using the SD card immediately after formatting it: When you format an SD card, the data is not deleted permanently. The data still exists on the card but is inaccessible. If you continue to use the card, it is likely that the data will be overwritten and lost permanently.
2. Use a data recovery software: There are several data recovery software available that can help you recover formatted SD card. Some of the popular ones are EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Recuva, and Disk Drill. These software can scan the SD card and recover the lost data.
3. Connect the SD card to the computer: Use a card reader to connect the SD card to your computer. If your computer does not have a built-in card reader, you can purchase an external one.
4. Install the data recovery software: Install the data recovery software on your computer and run it. The software will detect the SD card and allow you to select it for scanning.
5. Scan the SD card: The software will scan the SD card for any recoverable data. The scanning process may take some time depending on the size of the SD card and the amount of data on it.
6. Recover the lost data: Once the scanning is complete, the software will display a list of recoverable files. Select the files that you want to recover and save them to a different location on your computer.
Important: Do not save the recovered files back to the SD card, as it may overwrite the existing data and cause permanent data loss.
- Stop using the SD card immediately after formatting it
- Use a data recovery software
- Connect the SD card to the computer
- Install the data recovery software
- Scan the SD card
- Recover the lost data
Commonly Asked Questions
1. Can I recover data from a formatted SD card?
Yes, it is possible to recover data from a formatted SD card. However, the success of the recovery depends on whether the data has been overwritten or not. It is important to stop using the SD card immediately after formatting to increase the chances of recovery.
2. What software can I use to recover data from a formatted SD card?
There are various software options available for recovering data from a formatted SD card. Some popular options include Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, and Stellar Data Recovery. It is important to choose a reputable and reliable software to ensure a successful recovery.
3. How long does it take to recover data from a formatted SD card?
The time it takes to recover data from a formatted SD card depends on various factors, such as the size of the SD card and the amount of data that needs to be recovered. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. It is important to be patient and allow the software to complete the recovery process without interruption.
4. How can I prevent my SD card from getting formatted in the future?
To prevent an SD card from getting formatted in the future, it is important to take precautions such as regularly backing up your data, using write-protect switches on the SD card, and being cautious when handling the card. It is also important to avoid using the SD card on different devices and to format it only when necessary.