Arlo cameras are wireless and battery-powered, which means they need to be charged periodically to keep them running. Here are some steps on how to charge an Arlo camera:
1. Remove the camera: The first step is to remove the Arlo camera from its mount. You can do this by sliding the camera off the magnetic mount or unscrewing it from the mount.
2. Charge the battery: Once the camera is removed, you can charge the battery. To do this, connect the camera to the charging cable using the micro-USB port on the back of the camera. Then, plug the other end of the cable into a power source.
3. Check the LED: While the camera is charging, the LED on the front of the camera will blink amber. Once the battery is fully charged, the LED will turn solid green.
4. Reattach the camera: Once the battery is fully charged, you can reattach the camera to its mount. Make sure the camera is securely attached before leaving it to continue recording.
5. Charge the spare battery: If you have a spare battery, you can charge it while the other battery is in use. To do this, remove the first battery and insert the second battery into the camera. Then, connect the camera to the charging cable and follow the same steps as above.
It is important to note that the battery life of an Arlo camera can vary depending on usage and environmental factors. It is recommended to keep spare batteries on hand and to charge the batteries regularly to ensure uninterrupted surveillance.
1. How long does it take to fully charge an Arlo camera?
Arlo cameras generally take around 3-4 hours to fully charge using the provided charging cable and adapter. However, charging time may vary depending on the battery capacity and charging speed of your device.
2. Can I charge my Arlo camera with a different charging cable or adapter?
It is recommended to only use the provided charging cable and adapter for your Arlo camera. Using a different charging cable or adapter may damage the camera or cause it to malfunction.
3. How often should I charge my Arlo camera?
The frequency of charging your Arlo camera depends on how often it is used and the battery capacity of your device. On average, Arlo cameras can last up to several months on a single charge. However, if you notice the battery level is low, it is recommended to charge the camera as soon as possible to ensure it is ready for use when needed.
4. What should I do if my Arlo camera is not charging?
If your Arlo camera is not charging, first make sure that you are using the provided charging cable and adapter. If the camera still does not charge, try using a different power outlet or USB port. If these troubleshooting steps do not work, contact Arlo customer support for further assistance.