When it comes to surveillance cameras, choosing the best one for your needs can be a daunting task. However, Synology is a well-known name in the world of surveillance technology, offering some of the best surveillance cameras in the market. In this article, we have compiled a list of the top 10 best Synology surveillance cameras, along with a detailed buying guide to help you make an informed decision. Whether you need a camera for home security or for keeping an eye on your business, our list of the best synology surveillance cameras provides a comprehensive range of options to choose from.
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Everything you Need to Know About Synology Surveillance Cameras
Synology Surveillance Cameras are a range of security cameras that offer high-quality footage and advanced features. The cameras come in various models to suit different needs, from indoor and outdoor use, to night vision and PTZ capabilities. They offer HD or even 4k resolution, and some models come with advanced motion detection technology to limit false alarms. Synology also offers a surveillance app that allows users to access live feeds and recordings from their cameras via their phones or computers.
What sets Synology Surveillance Cameras apart is their integration with other Synology products. They can be used with the company’s network-attached storage (NAS) devices, allowing for easy storage of footage and easy management of the system. The cameras can also be integrated with Synology’s platform for management, monitoring, and control of multiple cameras at once. In conclusion, Synology Surveillance Cameras offer high-quality footage, advanced features, and seamless integration with other Synology products, making them a popular choice for both residential and commercial security needs.
Best Synology Surveillance Cameras – Reviews & Comparison
- Synology NAS/NVR comes with default licenses that allow you to set up and manage surveillance devices. The number of default licenses may differ. You only need...
- Synology also provides three options for additional purchased licenses: 1, 4 or 8 Surveillance Device License Packs; each comes with a single license key,...
- To find out the maximum number of surveillance devices supported on each Synology NAS/NVR, please refer to the specifications of each model.
- Purchased licenses can be migrated, while default license keys cannot.
- Under most circumstances, each IP camera, I/O module, IP speaker, intercom, and access controller will only require one license, while each transaction device...
- 5 MP sensor with wide-angle lens, recording at 30 FPS, and high-power IR LED for 30 meters of night vision
- On-camera AI powers people and vehicle detection, intrusion detection, and Instant Search
- Supports failover recording onto microSD, in case of network failure
- No Device License Required
- NDAA/TAA compliance
- English (Publication Language)
- EXPERIENCE ULTRA HD 4K – Stunning ultra-high quality 4K (8-Megapixel / 3840x2160) resolution featuring enhanced low light capability utilizing the latest CMOS...
- SMARTER SECURITY – Receive motion alert notifications and review footage via your smartphone with the Amcrest View app. Playback and record professionally on...
- DAY OR NIGHT, RAIN OR SHINE – Built to weather any storm and the darkest of nights, this Dome 4K PoE IP Turret Camera features a heavy-duty metal weatherproof...
- SECURE CLOUD VIDEO BACKUP – The optional Amcrest Cloud remote video storage subscription service allows you automatically store your videos off-site in a...
- SIMPLE, RELIABLE, SECURE - At Amcrest, we want to ensure the safety of our customers, their loved ones, homes and businesses. You’ll receive a full 1-year US...
- 【4K 8MP resolution】4K 8MP resolution at 15 frames-per-second (FPS). 8MP Super HD video recording provides superior quality for reviewing fine details in...
- 【IP67 and EXIR】With a wide range in operating temperatures, it is designed to withstand summer and winter temperatures and protected from dust and rain....
- 【Dual H.265/H.264 Compression】With H.265 compression, you can store more information using fewer hard drives, which allows you to do more with less, and...
- 【Power over Ethernet (PoE)】The PoE camera allow IP (internet protocol) devices to receive power and data over existing LAN (local area network) cabling.
- 【Compatibility】Good quanlity with stable performance, this 4K IP camera was manufacturer by HIK OEM factory. Plug and play with Hikvision or Hikvision OEM...
- Original brand product.
- Two-year warranty against factory defects.
- English (Publication Language)
- ImagePerfect AI: Delivers zero dropped frames while supporting heavier workloads.
- Versatile Capabilities: Intelligently adapts to the scale of your AI environment, supporting up to 64 HD video streams and 32 AI streams.
- SkyHawk Health Management: Actively helps protect your surveillance storage by focusing on prevention, intervention, and recovery options. Includes RAID...
- Higher Reliability: Enterprise-class, with 2M hours MTBF and a 550TB/year workload rate for more than 3× that of standard surveillance HDDs.
- Recovery Services & Warranty: Five-year limited product warranty and three-year in-house Rescue Data Recovery Services included.
- Livestream with Color Night Vision - Monitor your home day or night with 1080P HD video & color night vision.
- Indoor/Outdoor - Wyze Cam OG is a wired video camera with an IP65 rating so you can confidently install it outside in the rain or inside in the kids’ room....
- Deter Intruders - A 40lm built in spotlight and mini-siren ward off would-be package thiefs.
- Motion/Sound Notifications - Wyze Cam OG alerts you instantly when motion or sound is detected. Motion Detection Zones and custom settings allow you to adjust...
- Two Ways to Record Videos - Get secure cloud recording as well as person, package, pet, and vehicle detection with Cam Plus (subscription required) or insert a...
- See Clearly Both Day and Night: The 2K 4MP resolution allows you to see images with super clarity and the finest details. Never miss a thing even at night with...
- Dual-Band WiFi: The 5GHZ indoor security camera works on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi for superior network performance. You can choose different WiFi bands to...
- Follows the Action: When motion is detected, the 5ghz wifi camera automatically focuses on and follows the moving object. Never miss any important moments.
- Person/Pet Detection & Alerts: The pet camera can detect people and pets and send you real-time motion-triggered notifications. Stay informed of events that...
- Flexible Storage Options: Videos can be saved to the microSD card (up to 256GB, not included) and Reolink NVR, and you can play them anytime.
- 4K UlTRA HD VISUAL FEAST: This PoE security camera jumps from 5MP to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD, which is 1.6X clearer than 5MP and 4X clearer than 1080p. With the...
- HUMAN VEHICLE DETECTION WITH SMART ALERTS: This PoE IP camera can identify people and vehicles in terms of their shapes, which minimizes unnecessary alarms such...
- REMOTE ACCESS & SMART PLAYBACK: With simple and intuitive Reolink App without extra fee, check what’s happening in your home or office anytime and anywhere....
- FASTER AND SIMPLIFIED POE INSTALLATION: Thanks to the power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, this outdoor bullet camera can transmit videos and get power,...
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY & LIFETIME TECH SUPPORT: Users are provided with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 2 years limited warranty. Any issues with the product, simply...
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Reasons for Buying Synology Surveillance Cameras
There are a multitude of benefits in choosing Synology Surveillance Cameras that cannot be overlooked. Here are just a few reasons why they are a smart investment for any home or business.
High-quality video recording
High-quality video recording is essential in ensuring efficient surveillance, security, and monitoring of properties, businesses, institutions, and public places. Synology Surveillance Cameras are designed to provide exceptional video recording capabilities and high-quality footage in different environments, lighting conditions, and formats.
With high-resolution sensors, advanced image processing technology, and powerful lenses, Synology Surveillance Cameras capture clear and detailed footage of any activity within the camera’s field of view. This high-quality video recording allows for accurate identification and tracking of individuals, objects, and events, which is crucial in the event of security breaches, theft, or criminal activities. In addition, with features such as real-time monitoring, remote viewing, and smart notifications, the camera’s high-quality video recording capabilities empower users to stay informed and take appropriate actions, ensuring optimal safety and security.
Advanced motion detection
Synology Surveillance Cameras offer advanced motion detection capabilities, which is a crucial feature for monitoring and securing a property. The cameras are equipped with smart sensors that can detect movement and trigger alerts when suspicious activity is detected. Users can set up custom detection zones, which can limit the detection to specific areas, and avoid unnecessary alerts. The motion detection feature provides both visual and audio alerts, making it easier for users to take action in a timely manner.
Advanced motion detection also includes intelligent analytics which can differentiate between human and non-human movement, reducing the likelihood of false alarms. This feature is particularly useful in busy areas where the cameras may pick up animals or other non-human movement. The analytics also enables the cameras to track moving objects, allowing for smooth handover between different cameras and providing a comprehensive view of the moving target. In summary, the advanced motion detection feature of Synology Surveillance Cameras provides a reliable and intelligent monitoring solution, ensuring that users are always up to date with any suspicious activity in their property.
Remote access and control
One of the main advantages of using Synology Surveillance Cameras is the ability to access and control them remotely. This means that you can monitor your property or business from anywhere, at any time, using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. This feature is especially useful if you need to leave your property unattended for long periods, such as when you are on vacation or traveling for work.
With remote access, you can check in on your cameras, watch live video feeds, and review footage from anywhere in the world. You can also adjust camera settings, change recording schedules, and receive alerts if any suspicious activity is detected. This gives you greater peace of mind and allows you to stay connected to your property at all times. Additionally, you can grant access to other trusted individuals, such as security personnel or family members, to ensure that your property is always monitored and protected.
Integration with Synology NAS
Synology Surveillance Cameras are designed to seamlessly integrate with Synology NAS from both hardware and software perspectives. The cameras are configured to automatically detect and connect to the NAS once they are connected to the network, eliminating the need for complex configurations and ensuring an effortless setup process.
With this integration, the cameras can easily broadcast video streams to the NAS, which acts as a centralized storage hub for surveillance footage. The NAS can analyze and store the surveillance footage, while also providing advanced features like motion detection, event recording, and remote access through the Synology Surveillance Station software.
This integration not only simplifies the setup process but also ensures compatibility and reliability of the overall surveillance system. Moreover, the Synology Surveillance Cameras and NAS combination offers flexibility and scalability, making it easy to add more cameras or expand storage in the future.
A Comprehensive Guide to Choose the Best Synology Surveillance Cameras
Selecting the perfect Synology surveillance camera can be a daunting task with a wide range of options available in the market. However, before making a decision, there are a few essential factors that one should take into consideration.
Camera resolution is an important factor to consider before buying Synology Surveillance Cameras because it determines the quality of the footage captured. Cameras with higher resolution produce clearer and sharper images, which is vital for identifying people, objects, and events in the footage. This is particularly important for surveillance purposes where every detail captured could potentially be of great significance in identifying criminals or suspicious activities.
Furthermore, camera resolution also affects the amount of storage space required to store the footage. Cameras with higher resolution produce larger files, which means more space is required to store the footage. This is an important consideration, especially for businesses or organizations that need to store footage for longer periods. As a result, choosing a camera with the appropriate resolution for your needs can save you money and reduce storage requirements.
Field of View (FOV)
Field of View (FOV) is an important consideration when buying Synology Surveillance Cameras as it determines how much area the camera can cover. A wider FOV allows the camera to cover a larger area, reducing the number of cameras needed to cover the same space. This can save on cost and installation time. Additionally, a wider FOV can capture more details, making it easier to identify people and objects in the footage.
On the other hand, a narrower FOV can result in a more focused and detailed image, but may not be able to cover as much area. Therefore, it is important to consider the specific surveillance needs and the space that needs to be monitored before selecting a Synology camera with the appropriate FOV. Taking FOV into account can ensure that the surveillance system is efficient and provides the necessary coverage.
Low light performance
Low light performance is an important factor to consider when choosing a surveillance camera as it directly impacts the camera’s ability to capture clear images in poorly lit environments. Synology surveillance cameras are designed with advanced low light technology that allows them to capture clear and detailed images even in low light conditions. Cameras with poor low light performance may not be able to capture important details such as facial features or license plate numbers, which can be critical in identifying perpetrators or intruders. By choosing a Synology surveillance camera with strong low light performance, you can ensure that you have reliable and effective monitoring of your property or business, regardless of the lighting conditions.
Another advantage of choosing Synology surveillance cameras with strong low light performance is that they can help you reduce your lighting costs. If your surveillance cameras have poor low light performance, you may need to install additional lighting to ensure that the cameras can capture clear images in all areas. This can be costly, especially if you have a large property or a high number of cameras. By choosing Synology surveillance cameras with strong low light performance, you can save money on lighting costs without compromising on the quality of your video surveillance.
Before purchasing Synology Surveillance Cameras, it is important to consider connectivity options as it affects the overall functionality and accessibility of the cameras. For instance, if the cameras will be installed in an area without Wi-Fi coverage, it is necessary to ensure that the cameras have Ethernet connectivity options. On the other hand, if the cameras will be placed in remote locations, it may be necessary to invest in long-range wireless connectivity options to ensure that the cameras can be accessed remotely.
Connectivity options also impact how the cameras can be integrated with other systems. For example, if the cameras will be integrated with an existing security system, it is necessary to ensure that the cameras are compatible with the system’s connectivity protocol. By taking connectivity options into consideration, one can ensure that they choose the appropriate Synology Surveillance Cameras that will provide the necessary connectivity for their individual needs.
Compatibility with Synology Surveillance Station
Synology Surveillance Station is a powerful software that is designed to manage and monitor multiple cameras simultaneously. If you’re in the market for a Synology Surveillance camera, it is essential to consider its compatibility with the Surveillance Station. The software has a list of supported cameras, and any camera outside of this list may not work correctly with the Surveillance Station.
Compatibility offers a seamless installation process and ensures that your camera works seamlessly with the software. It also provides access to additional features that may not be available with non-compatible cameras. In addition, it is essential to ensure that your Synology Surveillance cameras are compatible with the Surveillance Station if you plan to expand your surveillance system in the future. Therefore, it is crucial to research the compatibility of your camera and the Surveillance Station before making a purchase.
Price range for the desired features
Synology Surveillance cameras come in a range of prices that are based on the number of features they offer. The cameras that have more advanced features are generally more expensive than those that don’t. Therefore, it is important to consider the price range for the desired features before purchasing a Synology Surveillance camera.
By considering the price range for the desired features before buying a Synology Surveillance camera, it is possible to evaluate the options that are most suitable for your budget. This will enable you to choose the best camera that offers the features you need while being within your spending limits. Additionally, by avoiding overpriced cameras that offer features that are not necessary, you can save money and still get a quality surveillance camera that fits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Synology Surveillance Camera?
Synology Surveillance Camera is a software solution that transforms a Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS) device into a network video recorder (NVR) for IP cameras. It is a surveillance tool that provides an efficient and reliable solution to protect the premises of homes or businesses. The Synology Surveillance Camera can be used in conjunction with various Synology NAS devices to provide customized security surveillance solutions with remote access and management capabilities. The software offers a wide range of monitoring options such as real-time viewing, recording, playback, and remote access. With customizable alert notifications, users can keep an eye on their premises at all times.
The Synology Surveillance Camera also comes with advanced features such as motion detection, license plate recognition, and facial recognition that makes it easy for users to identify any suspicious activity on their premises. Moreover, it is a cost-effective and low-maintenance security solution that provides users with peace of mind knowing their property is safe and secure. Available as a free download on the Synology website, Synology Surveillance Camera delivers powerful and reliable surveillance for individuals and businesses.
How many surveillance cameras can be connected to a Synology NAS?
The number of surveillance cameras that can be connected to a Synology NAS depends on the specific model of the NAS and the camera licenses that are available. The majority of Synology NAS devices can support between 4 to 64 cameras, with some models offering up to 128 camera support. Additional camera licenses can be purchased to expand the number of cameras that can be connected.
It’s important to note that the number of cameras that can be connected may also depend on other factors such as the camera resolution and streaming settings. It’s recommended to consult the Synology website or contact their support team to confirm the maximum number of cameras that can be connected to a specific NAS model.
Can Synology Surveillance Cameras be accessed remotely?
Yes, Synology Surveillance Cameras can be accessed remotely through the Synology Surveillance Station software. This software allows users to remotely access and manage their surveillance cameras from anywhere with an internet connection. Users can view live streams, playback recordings, and receive alerts on their mobile devices or computers. Additionally, users can set up remote access through Synology’s QuickConnect service, which offers secure and easy access to their surveillance cameras without the need for complex network settings or port forwarding.
Overall, Synology Surveillance Cameras offer a convenient and flexible solution for remote surveillance, making it easy for users to monitor their property and keep an eye on their surroundings from anywhere in the world.
What is the resolution of Synology Surveillance Cameras?
The resolution of Synology Surveillance Cameras varies depending on the model, but most cameras have a resolution of 1080p or higher. Some models offer 4K resolution for ultra-clear footage. The resolution determines the level of detail captured in each frame, with higher resolutions providing clearer and more detailed images. With Synology Surveillance Cameras, users can choose the best resolution that meets their specific monitoring needs.
To sum up, a Synology surveillance camera is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile security system. With the top 10 best Synology surveillance cameras listed in this article, you can easily choose the one that best meets your needs and budget. Whether you’re looking for indoor or outdoor surveillance, high-resolution footage, or advanced features such as facial recognition and motion detection, we’ve got you covered with our list of the best Synology surveillance cameras on the market. So, if you’re in the market for the best synology surveillance cameras, be sure to check out our recommendations to ensure you get the best possible security for your property.