Aspiring photographers need not spend a fortune to capture stunning images anymore. Nikon’s range of entry-level cameras offers an excellent opportunity to start their craft without burning a hole in their pocket. From the beginner-friendly Nikon D3500 to the highly versatile Nikon D7500, Nikon’s entry-level cameras provide excellent image quality, ease of use, and affordability.
In this article, we have curated a list of the top 10 best Nikon entry-level cameras, reviewed each one of them, and provided a comprehensive buying guide to help you decide on your perfect fit. Whether you are a newbie stepping into the world of photography or a seasoned pro searching for a reliable backup camera, our list has got you covered.
Last update on 2023-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Everything you Need to Know About Nikon Entry Level Cameras
Nikon’s entry-level cameras are the perfect place to start for anyone looking to get into photography or upgrade from a smartphone camera. These cameras are affordable, easy to use, and offer a range of features that allow you to experiment with different settings and shooting modes.
The Nikon D3500 and D5600 offer excellent image quality and performance, with easy-to-use controls and intuitive menus for beginners. The D3500 features a compact design and impressive battery life, making it a great option for travel and outdoor photography. The D5600 offers touch-screen controls and advanced shooting modes, making it ideal for those looking for a more customizable experience. Both cameras also offer built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to easily share your photos and videos with friends and family.
Best Nikon Entry Level Cameras – Reviews & Comparison
- Compact Size:12.1*4.0*2.1cm, 90cm long wired remote controller, powered by 2 AAA Alkaline batteries
- Self-timer, interval timer, long-exposure timer and exposure-count setting features
- Take Photos without Camera Shake and great for Time-Lapse Photography
- The timer can be set anywhere from 1 sec. to 99 hrs., 59 min., 59 sec
- Humanized backlight design allows you to view the LCD screen in the dark
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90 day warranty
- 24.2 MP DX format CMOS sensor,Display Screen 3.0 Inch Rear Screen, LCD (921000)
- EXPEED III Image Processing
- Wide ISO sensitivity range,Filter Thread: 52 millimeter
- One touch Full HD 1080p movie recording
- King, Julie Adair (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 05/01/2017 (Publication Date) - For Dummies (Publisher)
- Compact, lightweight EOS R series camera with an affordable price
- Smallest and lightest camera body in the EOS R series1 built for excellent mobility
- High image quality with a 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 8 processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering a wide area2 up to 143 zones with auto subject detection and Eye Detection AF available with Servo AF.
- Continuous capture of up to 6.5 shots per second when set to One-Shot AF
- Compact, lightweight and durably constructed mirrorless camera
- First DX-format mirrorless camera to use a large 55 millimeter lens mount, offering advantages in high image quality and lowlight performance.
- 20.9 MP sensor with robust 4K UHD video features
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for simple pairing to a smartphone.
- "Selfie" flip down touch LCD screen, great for self-portraits and vlogging.
- 📸【Camera for Photoggraphy and Video】The digital camera featuring 4K video and 48MP photo resolution, the vlogging camera supports 16X Digital Zoom, Video...
- 📸【Digital Camera with Wide Angle Lens & Macro Lens】The 4K camera equipped the camera with a professional detachable 52mm wide angle lens with macro lens,...
- 📸【Vlogging Camera with PC camera & HDMI output】The vlogging camera can be connected to the PC via a USB cable. Then you can choose "Mass Storage Mode" to...
- 📸【4K Digital Camera with Pause Function】This 4k digital camera has an excellent pause function that allows you to continue recording in the same file...
- 📸【Best Choice for Beginners】This digital camera is very suitable for entry-level users and is a great gift for beginners. This digital camera has a...
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- --- (Director)
- (Playback Language)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished it shows limited or no wear
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90 day warranty
- Fast, f/1.8 prime lens is perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography, Engineered for Nikon DX-format D-SLRS, the...
- Aspherical lens element minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity, Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances...
- Close focusing to 1 foot for creative perspectives and versatility, Rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural, Accepts...
- Includes 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor lens
- Image optimization functions and in-camera image retouching
- 2.5-inch LCD monitor , 170-degree viewing angle
- 10.2-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for large, photo-quality prints
- 3D Color Matrix Metering II for ideal exposures in almost any lighting condition
- This camera tripod extends to 75-Inches and includes a convenient carrying case.
- Tripod features 3-Section aluminum legs with rubber feet for gripping.
- Camera tripod has an elevated center column and a handle for easy transportation.
- For Nikon D6 D780 D850 D7500 D5600 D3500 D3400 D5 D500 D5500 D750 D610 D7200 D5300 D810A & DF
Last update on 2023-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Reasons for Buying Nikon Entry Level Cameras
There are several compelling reasons to consider purchasing a Nikon Entry Level Camera. These lightweight, affordable cameras provide a great starting point for those just getting into photography or looking to upgrade from a smartphone or point-and-shoot. Here are just a few reasons why a Nikon Entry Level Camera might be the right choice for you.
Nikon entry-level cameras are known for their affordable pricing, making them a popular choice for those who want to get into photography without breaking the bank. These cameras are designed with simplicity in mind, offering basic features and functions that are easy to use and understand. They also come at a lower cost compared to more advanced models, making them ideal for beginners or those who don’t need all the bells and whistles of a professional-grade camera.
Despite their lower price point, Nikon entry-level cameras still offer decent image quality, making them a great option for casual photographers or hobbyists who are looking to capture memories or experiment with photography. Additionally, they are lightweight and portable, making them easy to carry around for everyday use. Overall, affordability is a significant advantage of Nikon entry-level cameras, making them accessible to a wider range of photographers who may have budget constraints.
Easy to use for beginners
Nikon Entry Level Cameras are perfect for beginners who are just starting out in photography. The cameras are designed to be simple and easy to use, without compromising on the quality of the photos taken. These cameras come with basic settings that can be easily adjusted, making it easy for anyone to take beautiful and professional-looking photos.
One of the biggest advantages of Nikon Entry Level Cameras is that they come with built-in guides and tutorials, which can help beginners learn the basics of photography. With simple step-by-step instructions, beginners can learn how to adjust the exposure, shutter speed, aperture, and other settings to create stunning images. The intuitive user interface and easy-to-navigate menus make it easy for beginners to explore different settings and learn about the different features of the camera. Overall, Nikon Entry Level Cameras are an excellent choice for anyone looking to learn about photography and improve their skills.
Good image quality
Nikon Entry Level Cameras are known for their superior image quality. All Nikon cameras come with advanced technology and precise engineering to capture stunning images in any lighting condition. Even the entry-level models are designed with high-performance sensors and image processors that deliver exceptional detail, clarity, and color reproduction.
With Nikon Entry Level Cameras, you can expect sharp, noise-free images with accurate colors and tonal gradation. These cameras generate images with impressive resolution, enabling you to capture even the smallest details with ease. The superior image quality of Nikon cameras makes them perfect for a variety of photography genres, including landscapes, portraits, and street photography. Additionally, these cameras usually come with interchangeable lenses, providing photographers with endless possibilities to experiment. In summary, Nikon Entry Level Cameras are a great choice for anyone who values high image quality in their work.
Things to Consider when Choosing the Best Nikon Entry Level Cameras
Selecting the right entry-level camera from Nikon involves considering different factors.
Budget is an important consideration when buying Nikon entry-level cameras because it dictates which models are within your reach. Nikon offers a range of entry-level cameras at different price points, each with their unique set of features. Understanding your budget will help you narrow down your search for a suitable camera that meets your needs while not stretching your finances. Additionally, some models may offer features that you don’t require, so there is no point spending extra on the bells and whistles. In conclusion, knowing your budget will ensure you buy a Nikon camera that offers value for money while still meeting your needs as a photographer.
Furthermore, considering budget before buying a Nikon entry-level camera is essential in getting the best deals, discounts, and promotions. Different models have different prices, and the difference may be significant. By having a budget, you can filter down your options and focus on models that fit your price range and also provide adequate features. Additionally, buying a Nikon entry-level camera on sale or with a discount can save you significant amounts of money. Therefore, price consideration is an important factor that can help you make informed decisions, get the best value, and prevent overspending.
It is important to consider purpose before buying Nikon entry level cameras because different cameras have different features that cater to specific needs and preferences. For instance, if you are looking for a camera specifically for taking portraits, you might want to opt for a camera with a higher megapixel count and a better autofocus system. On the other hand, if you are more interested in capturing action shots or videos, you might opt for a camera that has a better frame rate and video capabilities.
Furthermore, considering purpose can help you make more informed decisions when it comes to budget and investment. Entry level cameras are often more affordable than professional level cameras but investing in a model that doesn’t meet your needs can turn out to be a waste of money. By considering what you want to achieve with your camera, you can invest in a model that will cater to your specific needs and provide value for the money you spend.
Consideration of user-level is crucial before buying Nikon entry-level cameras since it plays a significant role in the selection process. User-level primarily refers to the level of skills and experience that an individual possesses in photography. Nikon entry-level cameras come in various models that cater to different user levels, from beginners to professionals. Therefore, understanding one’s user-level helps to identify which camera model is most suited for an individual and will meet their photography needs.
Choosing the right Nikon entry-level camera model based on user-level ensures that one is not wasting money on a camera with features that they may not need or cannot utilize. Moreover, it helps to prevent users from buying a camera that is too complex for their skill level and may result in frustration. In essence, consideration of user-level is essential in selecting the right Nikon entry-level camera that will match one’s skill level, needs, and budget.
When buying a Nikon entry-level camera, it is important to consider the features it offers. This is because different cameras come with different features that cater to different photography needs. For instance, entry-level cameras that come with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow for easier connectivity and sharing of photos, while cameras with higher ISO sensitivity can take better photos in low light settings. Considering the features that come with the camera will ensure that you invest in a camera that suits your photography needs.
Furthermore, considering the features of Nikon entry-level cameras helps in terms of cost-effectiveness. Cameras with useful features that are lacking in other entry-level cameras may be a bit pricier, but investing in a camera with the right features will save you money in the long run by avoiding the cost of buying extra accessories or upgrading to a better camera in the future. Therefore, it is important to consider the features of a Nikon entry-level camera before making a purchase as this will ensure that you get value for your money.
Lens compatibility is an important factor to consider when buying an entry-level Nikon camera because it can have a significant impact on the types of photos you can take and the overall quality of your images. Nikon cameras typically offer backward compatibility, meaning that you can use older lenses on newer cameras, but this is not always the case with entry-level models. Additionally, some entry-level cameras may have limited lens compatibility, meaning that you may not be able to use certain types of lenses, such as those with built-in autofocus motors.
Furthermore, buying lenses that are compatible with your entry-level Nikon camera can be a significant investment, so it is important to consider whether you will need additional lenses in the future and whether they will be compatible with your camera. Before buying a Nikon entry-level camera, it is essential to do your research on lens compatibility and consider the types of photos you want to take to ensure that you can achieve your desired results with the lenses available to you.
Size and Weight
Size and weight are important factors to consider before purchasing a Nikon entry-level camera as they directly impact its portability and ease of use. A compact and lightweight camera is ideal for those who travel frequently or prefer to take their camera with them on the go. It is easier to handle and carry around, making it more convenient to capture shots wherever you are.
Furthermore, the size and weight of the camera also affect its durability and sturdiness. A compact and lightweight camera may not be as durable as a larger and heavier one, which may affect its longevity and performance in the long run. Therefore, it is essential to consider your specific needs and usage when choosing a Nikon entry-level camera to ensure the best fit for your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the entry-level Nikon cameras available in the market?
Nikon offers a range of entry-level cameras that cater to the needs and budget of beginners in photography. The Nikon D3500 is a popular choice for its ease of use, compact size, and affordable price point. It features a 24.2-megapixel sensor, 5fps continuous shooting, and Full HD video recording. Its Guide Mode provides step-by-step tutorials for beginners to improve their photography skills.
Another option for entry-level photographers is the Nikon D5600. It has a slightly higher price point than the D3500 but offers additional features such as a vari-angle touchscreen, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and a more advanced autofocus system. It also has a 24.2-megapixel sensor, 5fps continuous shooting, and Full HD video recording. Both these cameras come with a kit lens for added convenience.
Are entry-level Nikon cameras suitable for professional photography?
Entry-level Nikon cameras, such as the Nikon D3500 or D5600, may not be ideal for professional photography. While these cameras are great for beginners and hobbyists, they have limitations that may not meet the needs of professional photographers.
For example, entry-level Nikon cameras typically have fewer advanced features, lower resolution sensors, and slower burst rates compared to higher-end models. They may also have a plastic build and less durable construction, making them less reliable in intense shooting environments. However, skilled photographers can still produce quality photos with these cameras by understanding their capabilities and working within their limitations, but they may eventually need to upgrade to a more advanced model to achieve their professional goals.
What are some of the features that make Nikon entry-level cameras stand out from their competitors?
Nikon entry-level cameras are known for their user-friendly interface and intuitive controls. They provide excellent autofocus and image quality, making them ideal for novice photographers who want to capture high-quality photos easily. Additionally, Nikon cameras typically have longer battery life compared to their competitors, enabling users to shoot for extended periods without changing batteries.
Another feature that sets Nikon cameras apart is their compatibility with a vast array of lenses and accessories. Nikon has an extensive range of lenses that can be easily swapped, allowing photographers to capture a wide range of styles from landscapes to portraits. This versatility is something that beginners will appreciate as they explore their photographic style and develop their skills. Furthermore, Nikon cameras are built to last, with durable materials that can withstand the elements and a range of challenging shooting conditions.
Nikon has been a leading brand in the world of photography for many years and their entry-level cameras are no exception. Our list of the top 10 best Nikon entry level cameras provides a detailed review and buying guide to help aspiring photographers make a well-informed decision.
Whether you are a beginner or stepping up from your smartphone camera, Nikon has a range of cameras to suit all skill levels. We hope our article has helped you in your search for the best Nikon entry level camera to start your photography journey.