Canon mirrorless cameras offer great versatility and flexibility to photographers, but the quality of your images depends heavily on the type of lenses you choose to use. Investing in high-quality lenses can make all the difference in capturing sharp, stunning photos and videos. With so many options available on the market, choosing the best lenses for your Canon mirrorless camera can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to help you find the top 10 best lenses for Canon mirrorless cameras. Whether you’re into portraits, landscapes, sports, or wildlife photography, we’ve got you covered with our in-depth reviews and buying guide.
Last update on 2023-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Lenses For Canon Mirrorless Cameras: A Quick Overview
Lenses for Canon mirrorless cameras provide a wide range of focal lengths and aperture settings to meet the needs of professional photographers and hobbyists alike. From ultra-wide angle lenses for landscape and architectural photography to high-speed telephoto lenses for sports and wildlife photography, the options are nearly endless.
Canon offers a variety of lens mount options for their mirrorless cameras, including the RF and EF-M mounts. The RF mount is larger and features a shorter flange distance, which allows for more compact lens designs and improved optical performance. The EF-M mount is compatible with Canon’s more compact mirrorless cameras and offers a range of affordable and versatile lens options. Whether you are a professional or an enthusiast, investing in Canon lenses for your mirrorless camera can greatly enhance your photography experience.
Best Lenses For Canon Mirrorless Cameras by Editors Choice
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed 50 millimeter Focal Length Lens.
- Large F, 1.8 Aperture for Low-Light Photography and Creative Background Blur
- A Stepping Motor (Gear-Type STM) Provides Smooth and Quiet Continuous AF During Video Recording, As Well As When Shooting Photos
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
- Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Help Deliver Outstanding Color Balance, While Minimizing Ghosting and Flare
- Lightweight, compact telephoto zoom EF-M lens features a 5-group optical zoom system, and combines superb image quality and an extremely portable design for...
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology helps reduce camera shake, and achieves a level of sharpness equivalent to a shutter speed 3.5 settings faster for great...
- Stepping-motor (STM) focusing technology helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near silence when shooting videos
- One aspheric lens element and one UD lens element help to deliver outstanding results at all zoom settings by reducing chromatic aberration
- High speed, high precision autofocusing is achieved by utilizing the full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) to make fine adjustments after focusing / A circular...
- Weather sealed lens that is full frame compatible with all Canon EOS R Mirrorless cameras
- Aperture range of F1.4-F22 with an angle of view of 28.3°
- Constructed of 9 elements in 7 groups; Ultra multi-coated glass
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.6 feet and features 8 diaphragm blades
- Includes removable hood and uses front filter size of 72mm
- CANON M50 LENS: Easily screws on to the front of your Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking...
- LENS COMPATIBILITIES: Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro is STM, Canon RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 is STM Lens,...
- CAMERA MODELS: Compatible with Canon m50 accessories EOS M M2 M3 M5 M6 Mark II M10 M100 M200 Mirrorless Cameras and Sony a3000 a3500 a5000 a5100 a6000 a6100...
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 49MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- It allows you to use your EOS M to attach any of Canon’s extensive range of EOS System lenses - connecting you to a world of creative possibilities.
- The extensive range includes fixed focus and zoom lenses covering a focal length range From 8mm to 800mm. It permits all lens functions including image...
- Expand your EOS M system and explore your creativity! The mount Adapter fees m gives you complete access to the full spectrum of Canon EF and EF-S lenses so you...
- This adapter supports auto focus function and aperture adjustment. Quick focusing, smooth adjusting of aperture, shutter, ISO data etc.
- Small and lightweight, to match the EOS M, the Mount Adapter EF-EOS M is easy to carry with you, wherever you go.
- Compact, Lightweight and High-Quality RF Lens with a Versatile Zoom Range of 24-105 millimeter
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 stops of shake correction
- Maximum Magnification of 0.4x and Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.66 feet in Auto Focus.
- Maximum Magnification of 0.5x and Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.43 ft. when using Center Focus Macro.
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output.
- 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor with ISO 100-25600 (H: 51200).
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor with Auto Lighting Optimizer
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF (Still/Movie Servo AF support).
- 4K UHD* 24p and HD 120p** for Slow Motion.
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD Convenient for Vlogging and Various Composition
- [Attention Please ] In order to provide you with a satisfying experience, please make sure you've READ and UNDERSTAND the below information before purchasing....
- [Note] This product is a manual lens without an auto-focus function. And the most important thing is to make sure you've set the "release without lens" mode, or...
- [Premium Design] Metal Material & Utra-Small Structure Design]Brightin Star 35mm F1.7 is made of metal and glass, with exquisite workmanship and compact design,...
- Highly versatile and reliable, the 35mm lens is suitable for various photography purposes, including landscape, portraits, still life, traveling, wedding, and...
- [Compatible Information] Fit for Canon EF-M Mount M, M2, M3, M5, M6, M10, M100, M50, M200. The brand name listed herein are for reference purposes only,...
- Fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection AF
- High-image quality with 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie along with vertical video
- 3.0-Inch touch panel LCD screen with tilt Option for 180° for selfies.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology with auto image transfer.
- RF wide-to-normal zoom lens for full-frame cameras – a supremely lightweight and affordable standard zoom alternative
- Versatile 24-50mm zoom coverage for stills and video with full-frame EOS R series cameras; equivalent to approx. 38–80mm coverage when used on cameras with...
- Excellent image quality: highlights include two aspheric elements, and Canon Super Spectra Coating (SSC) to minimize ghosting and flare.
- Optical image stabilization — up to 4.5 stops* of shake correction. Up to 7.0 stops of shake correction when paired with EOS R series cameras featuring...
- Minimum focus distance of approx. 28.7 in./0.73m. with a maximum magnification of 0.28x (at 50mm focal length).
Last update on 2023-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why Do You Need to Buy Lenses For Canon Mirrorless Cameras?
There are several compelling reasons why investing in lenses for your Canon mirrorless camera can greatly enhance your photography experience. Here are just a few:
To improve image quality and sharpness
Lenses are one of the key components that contribute to the overall quality of an image. Different lenses have different characteristics, such as focal length, aperture, and optical design. By choosing the right lens, you can enhance the sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy of your photos.
For example, a prime lens with a wide aperture (e.g., f/1.8) can create a shallow depth of field, which is perfect for portraits and artistic shots. A telephoto lens with image stabilization can help you capture sharp and detailed images of distant objects, such as wildlife and sports events. A wide-angle lens can increase the field of view and enhance the sense of space and depth in landscape and architectural photography.
In addition, high-quality lenses often have better coatings, materials, and construction, which can reduce flare, ghosting, distortion, and chromatic aberration. They also allow you to control the exposure and focus more precisely, which can result in better image quality and compositional choices. Therefore, investing in lenses for your Canon mirrorless camera can be a wise decision if you want to take your photography to the next level.
To enhance creative possibilities
Lenses play a critical role in making creative choices possible for photographers. With advances in lens technology, it is possible to create a range of visual effects and distortions to enhance the creative possibilities of a photograph. A wide angle lens can capture a vast landscape or make a small room appear more spacious, while a telephoto lens can compress the perspective, allowing photographers to capture distant subjects with greater clarity. Additionally, specialty lenses such as macro and fish-eye lenses can create unique and interesting perspectives that add depth and interest to an image. By investing in lenses, photographers can unlock new creative possibilities and capture unique and captivating photographs.
To achieve better zoom or wide angle coverage
Canon mirrorless cameras typically come with a kit lens that provides basic coverage for a range of photography needs. However, for more specialized purposes, such as capturing distant wildlife or panoramic landscapes, additional lenses may be necessary. For example, a telephoto lens would provide more zoom capabilities for wildlife photography, allowing the photographer to capture distant animals in greater detail.
Conversely, a wide angle lens would allow for a broader field of view, making it ideal for capturing panoramic landscapes or architectural shots in tight spaces. These lenses can help expand a photographer’s creative possibilities and allow them to capture images they otherwise would not be able to. Invest in the right lenses can really enhance the capabilities of your Canon mirrorless camera.
How to Choose the Best Lenses For Canon Mirrorless Cameras?
When it comes to photography, the lens is just as important as the camera itself. With Canon mirrorless cameras, there are a variety of lenses available to choose from. To ensure you choose the best one for your needs, consider the following factors.
Compatibility with camera model
When buying lenses for a Canon mirrorless camera, it is important to consider compatibility with the camera model. This is because not all lenses are created equal and some may not be optimized for your specific camera. Using incompatible lenses can result in poor image quality, autofocus issues, or compatibility problems. Additionally, some lenses may not work with certain features or functions of your camera, such as in-body image stabilization or AF tracking, which can limit the creative possibilities of your photography.
Considering compatibility with camera model before buying lenses can ensure that you get the best possible image quality and performance from your equipment. It can also help you avoid costly mistakes and ensure that you get the most out of your investment in lenses and camera gear. Overall, it is important to do your research and understand the compatibility between your camera and lenses before making any purchases.
Focal length is an important factor to consider before buying lenses for Canon mirrorless cameras because it determines the field of view and magnification of the lens. A shorter focal length will result in a wider field of view, making it suitable for landscape photography, while a longer focal length will result in a narrower field of view, making it ideal for portrait or wildlife photography. Additionally, the focal length also affects the amount of background blur or bokeh produced by the lens. Thus, understanding the importance of focal length can help you choose the right lens for your photography needs.
Another reason to consider focal length is that different lenses have different aperture ranges, which affect the amount of light entering the camera. A lens with a wider aperture (lower f-number) will allow more light and produce a shallower depth of field, allowing for more creative control over the focus of the image. Furthermore, a wider aperture lens can also be beneficial in low light situations, as it allows for faster shutter speeds and better image quality. Therefore, considering the focal length and aperture range of the lens can help you make an informed decision and choose the right lens for your photography style and needs.
When buying lenses for Canon mirrorless cameras, one should consider the aperture range of the lens. The aperture range refers to the maximum and minimum aperture values that the lens can achieve. The wider the aperture range, the more versatile the lens will be in different lighting conditions.
For example, if you shoot in low light conditions, you need a lens with a wider aperture (lower f-number) to allow more light to enter the camera and produce better quality images. On the other hand, if you want a wide depth of field, you need a lens with a narrower aperture (higher f-number) to focus on the subject while keeping the background and foreground in focus. Therefore, considering the aperture range of the lens is important in choosing the right lens for the type of photography you want to do.
Image stabilization is a crucial feature to consider when buying lenses for Canon mirrorless cameras. This feature helps to reduce the blur in images caused by camera shake or movement, resulting in sharper and clearer images. Having image stabilization in your lens can also allow you to shoot in low light conditions without the need for a tripod or flash, as it compensates for hand-held camera movements.
Moreover, investing in a lens with image stabilization can save you money in the long run, as it eliminates the need for buying expensive cameras with built-in stabilization. Additionally, this feature can also extend the lifespan of your lenses by reducing the strain caused by camera shake. Therefore, considering image stabilization in your lens choice is essential for producing high-quality and sharp images without compromising on camera mobility.
Price range is an important factor to consider when buying lenses for Canon mirrorless cameras because the cost of lenses can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Higher-priced lenses tend to offer better image quality and more advanced features, but they may not be necessary for all types of photography. Conversely, cheaper lenses may sacrifice some quality or features, but they can still produce great images and be a good option for those on a budget.
Additionally, understanding your budget can help you prioritize which lenses to purchase based on your specific photography needs. For example, if you primarily shoot landscapes, investing in a wide-angle lens may be a higher priority than getting a telephoto lens. By considering price range before buying lenses, you can balance cost and quality to select lenses that best fit your needs and budget.
Investing in the right lens is crucial for capturing stunning images, and if you own a Canon Mirrorless Camera, you’re in luck. Our comprehensive guide offers a selection of the top 10 best lenses for Canon Mirrorless Cameras. These lenses are versatile, offer excellent image quality, and cater to different photography needs, from portraits to landscapes. With our guide, you can find the perfect lens for your Canon Mirrorless Camera, ensuring that you capture images that will last a lifetime. So, whether you’re a professional or a novice photographer, invest in the best lenses, and watch your photography skills take off.