If you are a photography enthusiast, you know the importance of using the right camera to capture stunning shots. And, when it comes to medium format photography, nothing can beat the Fuji cameras. The brand has created a name for itself in the market due to its user-friendly interfaces, affordable prices, and excellent image quality. In this article, we have compiled a list of the top 12 best Fuji medium format cameras that will take your photography game to the next level. So, let’s dive in and explore the best Fuji medium format cameras available in the market today.
Last update on 2024-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Everything you Need to Know About Fuji Medium Format Camera
The Fuji medium format camera is a high-end camera designed for professional photographers. It features a large, 50-megapixel sensor that produces ultra-sharp and detailed images with vivid colors and excellent dynamic range. The camera is built with advanced technologies such as dual-format recording, advanced AF system, and up to 5 stops of image stabilization, making it a versatile tool for capturing both still photos and videos.
The camera is ergonomically designed and comes with a tilting LCD screen, customizable buttons, and a weather-resistant body, making it ideal for outdoor shooting and demanding conditions. It also supports a range of lenses, including zooms, wide-angle, and telephoto lenses, offering photographers a wide range of creative options. With its superior image quality, advanced features, and rugged design, the Fuji medium format camera is a top choice for professional photographers who demand the best.
Best Fuji Medium Format Camera by Editors Choice
- GFX100 II’s new 102MP sensor and X-Processor 5 combination deliver astounding performance when it is needed most. Enhancements to autofocus algorithms allow...
- Internally record 4:2:2, 10-bit Apple ProRes, or use HDMI to record 12-bit 4:2:2 Apple ProRes RAW or Blackmagic RAW in resolutions of up to 8K/30p, or, at the...
- GFX100 II provides specified crops and aspect ratios for multiple cinema formats, which includes full-width GF Format, FUJINON PREMISTA (Vista Vision), and...
- Embrace cloud-first workflows and open lines of collaboration with GFX100 II’s World First, accessory-free integration for Frame.io Camera to Cloud, and...
- Native video functions like object priority AF, waveform and vector scope monitoring, a prominent recording flag that is visible around the live view area, and...
- Move up to Large Format GFX50S II offers the perfect mix of accessibility and flexibility. Pair it with the new GF35-70mmF4.5-5.6 WR lens and you’ll find a...
- The Freedom to Create: GFX50S II features a redesigned in-body image stabilization (IBIS) system that is 20% smaller, and 10% lighter, than the version found in...
- Reassuringly Familiar: GFX50S II weighs just 900g (1.98lb) and is similar in size to many to full-frame cameras, which makes the ergonomically contoured...
- Responsive Autofocus for Ultimate Creativity.: Fast, reliable autofocus comes to GFX50S II, thanks to a combination of advanced technologies and Fujifilm’s...
- Proven Technologies Deliver Outstanding Results: Fujifilm has been perfecting its color science know-how for more than 85 years – and all the knowledge from...
- ULTIMATE RESOLUTION, DEPENDABLE PROCESSING: Powered by Fujifilm’s high-performance X-Processor 4 quad-core CPU, GFX100S utilizes its 102MP, back-illuminated...
- SMALL, BUT STEADY: Sitting at the heart of GFX100S is a newly developed shutter and In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) system that helps ensure you always make...
- THE SHARP END OF AF TECHNOLOGY: With an advanced phase detection autofocus (AF) system, GFX100S spearheads a whole new era of large format digital camera...
- LARGE FORMAT HAS NEVER FELT LIKE THIS: The GFX system already has a strong reputation for taking high-resolution photography out of the studio and into the...
- ICONIC COLOR MADE FOR YOU: Fujifilm’s expertise in color science is legendary among image makers. For more than 86 years, Fujifilm has been responsible for...
- 43.8mm x 32.9mm, 51.4 MP CMOS sensor, boasting Approx. 1.7x the area of full frame sensors + x processor Pro
- Operating temperature -10°C - +40°C (+14°F - +104°F)C.Compact and lightweight body with high rigidity due to the adoption of magnesium alloy
- Detachable 3.69M-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder
- 2.36M-dot, three-directional tilting, Touchscreen LCD
- Newly developed large diameter g mount with excellent robustness and durability.Operating Temperature:-10°C - +40°C (+14°F - +104°F)C
- Fujifilm GFX50S II Medium Format Camera Body - Fujifilm GF 35-70mm f/4.5-5.6 WR Lens (600022326) - Li-Ion Battery (NP-W235) - AC Power Adapter - Plug Adapter -...
- 51.4 Megapixel Large Format CMOS Image Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- 3.0 Frames per second
- Updated Autofocus (AF) algorithm for optimized performance with G Mount lenses
- 51.4MP medium format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor for superior sharpness and image quality w/ X-Processor Pro Imaging processor
- Fujifilm g mount with short Flange back distance of just 26.7mm
- Weather and dust- resistant; operation to as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit -10 degrees Celsius; Operating Humidity: 10 - 80% (no condensation)
- Equipped with Dual memory card Slots - uses SD cards (UHS-ii recommended)
- Lightweight body weighs approximately 27.3oz./ 775G
- The Fujifilm GFX 100 pairs a newly-developed back-illuminated 102MP imaging sensor with our blazingly fast x processor 4 processing engine to create a...
- Body: made of magnesium alloy, making it lightweight and very robust. GFX 100 is weather sealed at 95 points (including the electronic viewfinder) helping it...
- Horizontal and Vertical Body Operation: built in vertical grip, it is the first FUJIFILM camera to have this integrated design.
- 55mm diagonal length large format (43. 8 x 32. 9mm) has paved the way for ultra high image resolution.
- X-Processor 4: FUJIFILM's latest image processing engine to quickly optimize the data from the fast, high resolution image sensor.
- DG-GFX 18mm + 40mm lens extension tube is designed to connect Fuji G-mount medium format lens and G-mount GFX medium format camera, including for Fujifilm GFX...
- Turn Ordinary Lens to Macro Lens: a great tool to shoot at closer distance with higher magnification; compatible with TTL (through-the-lens) metering and AE...
- Support AF(auto-focus) and adjustable aperture; built-in metal electronic contacts, enhancing its stability of lens motor power supply and smooth information...
- For your special requirement, DG-GFX 18mm can combine with other macro extension tube (if DG-GFX 40mm, the combination will become 18+40mm) to have different...
- High Quality: bayonet made of pure copper; surface of extension tube is well electroplated so it is really durable; precise metal structure; easy to carry
- 【Compact & Portable】: Full metal body, this lens is compact and portable. the 60mm F2.8 II is smaller in size(60mm in diameter, 74.5mm in length) and...
- 【APS-C-format Lens】: Short telephoto prime is designed for APS-C-format Fuji X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 90mm equivalent focal length, which...
- 【11 Elements in 8 Groups & Ideal Aperture】: Its optical system consists of 11 elements in 8 groups. Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety...
- 【1:1 Magnification, Manual Focus】: Life-size 1:1 maximum magnification pairs with a 17.5cm minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects....
- 【De-clicked Aperture Ring】: The de-clicked aperture ring offers smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range, making it ideal for close-range video...
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality; Lens: F=60 millimeter,...
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice, automatic film feeding out
- Bulb mode the shutter remains open while the shutter button is depressed (10 seconds maximum) and a light trail can be photographed
- Macro mode short distance photography as close as 30 - 60 centimeter; Film size: 86 millimeter x 54 millimeter; Picture size: 62 millimeter x 46 millimeter
- Kids mode suitable for photographing kids, pets and other fast moving subjects due to a fast shutter speed
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90 day warranty
- 24.2 MP DX format CMOS sensor,Display Screen 3.0 Inch Rear Screen, LCD (921000)
- EXPEED III Image Processing
- Wide ISO sensitivity range,Filter Thread: 52 millimeter
- One touch Full HD 1080p movie recording
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Javier Jiménez Vaquerizo (Director)
- German, Portuguese, Catalan, English, French (Playback Languages)
- German, Portuguese, Catalan, English, French (Subtitles)
Last update on 2024-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Reasons for Buying Fuji Medium Format Camera
Here are some crucial reasons why investing in a Fuji medium format camera could be a smart choice for photography enthusiasts.
When it comes to Fujifilm medium format cameras, one of the biggest advantages is their ability to produce high-resolution images. With larger sensors and more pixels, medium format cameras are capable of capturing incredibly detailed images, with greater color accuracy and dynamic range.
This makes them ideal for professional photographers who need to produce high-quality images for commercial or artistic use. Whether you’re shooting portraits, landscapes, or product photography, a medium format camera can elevate your work to a new level of clarity and detail. And with Fuji’s reputation for exceptional image quality and color science, it’s no wonder that so many photographers are turning to these cameras to capture their best work.
Superior image quality
The Fuji medium format camera is known for its exceptional image quality. The larger image sensor size of the medium format camera allows for more detail, greater dynamic range and better low light performance than a typical full-frame sensor. Additionally, the medium format produces images that are sharp and richly detailed, with crisp, fine lines and smooth tonal transitions, resulting in an incredibly stunning image that is highly detailed and well-toned. This superior image quality is essential for professional photography applications that require high-quality images, such as commercial, portrait, and landscape photography. Overall, the Fuji medium format camera is an investment in superior image quality that is well worth the cost.
Large sensor size
The Fuji Medium Format Camera features a larger sensor size compared to standard full-frame cameras. This results in a higher resolution image with more detail and clarity. The larger sensor also allows for a shallower depth of field, creating a more visually appealing background blur or bokeh effect. Additionally, the larger sensor provides greater latitude in image manipulation during post-production, allowing for better dynamic range and color accuracy. Overall, the larger sensor size of the Fuji Medium Format Camera is a major draw for professional photographers who demand the highest quality images.
Wide dynamic range
Wide dynamic range is an important feature to consider when looking for a high-quality camera. It refers to the range of brightness and darkness that a camera can capture in a single shot. A camera with a wider dynamic range can capture more detail in both shadows and highlights, resulting in more vibrant and lifelike images.
The Fuji Medium Format Camera is renowned for its exceptional dynamic range. It boasts a 16-bit RAW file output, delivering stunning clarity and color accuracy thanks to its proprietary X-Trans CMOS sensor. With this camera, photographers can capture images with subtle tonal gradations even in challenging lighting conditions, making it a powerful tool for landscape, portrait, and product photography. Overall, the wide dynamic range of this camera offers unparalleled versatility and creative potential.
How to Choose the Best Fuji Medium Format Camera?
One of the critical elements to keep in mind when searching for the perfect Fuji medium format camera are the features available in the device.
When considering the purchase of a Fuji medium format camera, it is important to take budget into account for several reasons. Firstly, medium format cameras are generally more expensive than standard DSLRs, as they offer a higher resolution and larger sensor size. This means that you will need to consider if a medium format camera is necessary for your photography needs and if it fits within your budget.
In addition, you will also need to factor in the cost of lenses and accessories when purchasing a medium format camera. As medium format lenses are larger and more specialized than standard DSLR lenses, they can be more expensive. Furthermore, accessories such as memory cards and batteries may not be interchangeable with standard DSLR equipment, adding additional costs. Therefore, it is important to consider your budget and assess the costs of all necessary components before purchasing a Fuji medium format camera.
Photography needs and style
Before buying a Fuji medium format camera, it is essential to consider one’s photography needs and style to ensure optimal results. For instance, while the Fujifilm GFX100S is a top-notch camera that offers stunning image quality and high resolution, it may not be the best option for a particular photographer if they require a camera that is more portable. Similarly, if one’s primary purpose is capturing visuals for social media, they may not need a camera with high shooting speed or extensive dynamic range.
Additionally, one’s photography style will determine which features they should prioritize in a medium format camera. Photographers who focus on landscapes, architectural photography, or studio portraits have different needs regarding resolution and color rendition. Meanwhile, photographers who shoot events may prioritize fast autofocus and high shooting speed over resolution. Therefore, understanding one’s needs and style is crucial before investing in a medium format camera like the Fujifilm GFX lineup.
Accessories and lenses availability
When investing in a Fuji medium format camera, it is important to consider accessories and lenses availability. Unlike other camera systems, medium format cameras have a smaller market share, which means that the range of compatible accessories may not be as extensive. Availability of specific lenses, filters, and other accessories can affect the versatility and functionality of the camera system. Therefore, it is imperative to choose a camera system that has a wide range of available accessories and lenses to have access to the best shooting experience.
Additionally, lenses are often the most expensive part of a camera system, and medium format lenses are no exception. The availability of lenses can affect the budget of the photographer, as well as their ability to create the desired images. It is also important to consider the quality and variety of the available lenses as they can impact the quality of the final image. Overall, considering the range and availability of accessories and lenses is essential when investing in a Fuji medium format camera.
Brand preference and reputation
Brand preference and reputation are essential considerations when buying a Fuji medium format camera. A strong brand reputation indicates that the company has a history of producing reliable and high-quality products. In this context, Fuji has established itself as one of the most reliable and innovative camera manufacturers in the market. By considering the brand’s reputation, buyers can feel more confident in the product’s technical specifications, performance, and overall durability, ensuring a long and satisfactory camera experience.
Moreover, brand preference is also critical because it influences a buyer’s decision-making process. Buyers who are more familiar with a brand or prefer it over its competitors are more likely to purchase its products. In this case, Fuji has a loyal following of photographers who appreciate its unique film simulation modes, advanced autofocus system, and intuitive interface. Therefore, brand preference can play a significant role in shaping a consumer’s buying decisions and instilling trust in the product. Overall, considering the brand preference and reputation of Fuji medium format cameras can lead to a more informed and satisfying purchase decision.
Usage frequency and portability requirements
Fuji Medium Format Cameras are known for their exceptional image quality, thanks to their larger sensor size and advanced technology. However, before investing in one of these cameras, it is crucial to consider usage frequency and portability requirements. If you plan to use the camera frequently, then you may want to invest in a more portable option. Fuji’s Medium Format Cameras are relatively large and heavy, which can make them challenging to carry around.
Additionally, if you plan to travel with the camera frequently, then you may want to consider a more portable option. While the larger sensor size provides superior image quality, it also makes the camera bulkier and more cumbersome to transport. As such, it is essential to evaluate your needs and preferences before making a purchase decision to ensure that you choose the right Fuji Medium Format Camera.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Fuji medium format camera?
A Fuji medium format camera is a camera that uses a larger than standard sensor to capture images. It is designed to capture high-resolution images with exceptional detail and clarity. The larger sensor allows for higher dynamic range and better low-light performance, making it popular among professional photographers, fashion photographers, and landscape photographers. Fuji medium format cameras are known for their sleek, modern design, advanced technology, and high-quality lenses. They are widely considered to be some of the best medium format cameras on the market.
What are the benefits of using a medium format camera?
Medium format cameras offer several advantages over smaller format cameras, such as DSLRs. The larger sensors in medium format cameras capture more detail and provide better dynamic range, resulting in higher quality images with better tonal transitions and more accurate colors. This makes them ideal for professional photographers who need to produce large prints or high-resolution images for commercial purposes.
Additionally, medium format cameras typically have higher quality lenses with larger maximum apertures, allowing for more creative control over depth of field. The larger size and weight of medium format cameras also provide better ergonomics and a more solid feel, making them more comfortable to use for long periods of time. These qualities combined make medium format cameras a popular choice among fashion, portrait, and landscape photographers.
What lenses are compatible with the Fuji medium format camera?
The Fujifilm medium format camera, GFX series, is compatible with Fujinon GF lenses designed specifically for the medium format system. As of 2021, there are currently 13 lenses available ranging from ultra-wide-angle to telephoto. The GF lenses have a G-mount, which is specifically designed for the GFX camera, so they cannot be used with any other camera brand or system. Additionally, some older large format lenses can be used with the GFX with the appropriate adapter.
After researching and testing various Fuji medium format cameras, we have come up with the top 12 best options for photographers and enthusiasts. The Fuji GFX 50S continues to be the best choice for its high-resolution image quality, sturdy build, and user-friendly interface. However, there are other excellent options on this list that may suit your specific needs and preferences. With our comprehensive buying guide and in-depth reviews, we hope to help you find the best Fuji medium format camera for your photography journey.