As technology continues to advance, many people are opting for mirrorless cameras for their photography and videography needs. One popular type of camera is the APS-C mirrorless camera, which provides high-quality images and videos with ease. If you’re in the market for a new camera to capture stunning videos, this article will provide you with a comprehensive list of the top 10 best APS-C mirrorless cameras for video. Our detailed reviews and buying guide will help you make an informed decision and choose the best APS-C mirrorless camera for your needs.
Last update on 2023-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Understanding Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras For Video: An Overview
APS-C mirrorless cameras are a popular choice among videographers due to their compact size, versatility, and impressive video capabilities. These types of cameras feature a sensor size that is slightly smaller than a full-frame sensor but larger than a micro four-thirds sensor, allowing users to capture high-quality videos with improved low-light performance.
One of the key advantages of APS-C mirrorless cameras is their ability to shoot 4K video at high bit rates, making them ideal for professional and amateur filmmakers alike. They also offer a range of advanced features such as zebra stripes, focus peaking, and manual exposure control, which allow users to access a greater level of control over their footage. Additionally, many models come with built-in image stabilization, which ensures that handheld shots remain smooth and stable, adding further to their appeal for video applications.
Overall, APS-C mirrorless cameras are a versatile and popular option for video production, offering a range of advanced features, a compact size, and impressive performance. Whether you are a seasoned professional or a beginner, these cameras can help you capture stunning footage in a variety of settings and conditions.
Best Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras For Video – Reviews & Comparison
- World’s first high-speed standard zoom lens for APS-C cameras with the focal length range of 17-70mm 4.1x zoom ratio
- Outstanding optical performance with 16 elements in 12 groups featuring two GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) lens -elements and one hybrid aspherical lens element
- Upgraded VC effective in combination with Sony APS-C mirrorless cameras, leveraging AI for video shooting
- Close focusing capability with MOD of just 7.5” at 17mm / 15.4" at 70mm
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84 percent of the sensor
- Fast and accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: Make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
- RF-S telephoto zoom lens that affordably adds flexibility, power, and range to your collectio – an ideal “next lens for EOS R50, R10, and even R7 users.
- Outstanding telephoto coverage with APS-C sensor cameras – Full Frame equivalent of approx. 88–336mm coverage when used on cameras with APS-C size image...
- Excellent image quality: highlights include two UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass elements, one aspheric element, and Canon Super Spectra Coating (SSC) to...
- Optical image stabilization — up to 4.5 stops* of shake correction. Up to 7.0 stops of shake correction when paired with EOS R series cameras featuring...
- Minimum focus distance of approx. 28.7 in./0.73m. with a maximum magnification of 0.28x (at 210mm focal length) – fill the frame with a subjet the size of a...
- SONY USA Authorized Model - Includes FULL SONY USA Warranty | The Sony Alpha ZV-E10 mirrorless vlog camera features the E-mount interchangeable lens system,...
- Large 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor and fast BIONZ X processing engine produce high-quality imagery with high-sensitivity and beautiful natural bokeh | Fast...
- 4K Movie oversampled from 6k w/ full pixel readout, no pixel binning | Pro video functions incl. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) and S-Log3/2 | 3-Capsule directional mic...
- CAMERA INCLUDES: Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Alpha APS-C Interchangeable Lens Vlog Camera (Body, White) ILCZV-E10/W | Body Cap ALC-B1EM | Rechargeable Battery...
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Full-frame Fast Prime E-Mount Lens SEL50F18F | Deco Gear Photo Video Photography Case | Replacement Compatible Rechargeable...
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor,
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE tracking
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5, 481 manually selectable AF positions, and eye AF Servo support
- 4K UHD 30P/ Full HD 129P video
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output
- [Attention Please] In order to provide you with a satisfying experience, please make sure you've READ and UNDERSTAND the below information before purchasing....
- [Note] This product is a manual lens without an auto-focus function. And the most important thing is to make sure you've set the "release without lens" mode, or...
- [Ultra Wide-Angle Fisheye Lens]- Brightin-Star 7.5mm F2.8 has an extraordinary 180° angle of view, and at the same time can minimize picture distortion., such...
- [F2.8 Large Aperture]- The Lens with an industry-leading f/2.8 Aperture, creating perfect Bokeh-Effects, while ensuring that more light can still be obtained in...
- [Sharp Focus & Soft Out-Of-Focus Image Quality]- The lens structure is 11 elements in 9 group, it can make the picture near the focus point sharp and clear when...
- Bundle Includes: Sony Alpha a6100 APS-C Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera with 16-50mm Lens, Photo, Video, and Art Suite v.3.0, DSLR Accessory Kit, 128GB...
- Image Quality: The Alpha 6100 boasts an impressive APS-C image sensor with approximately 24.2 effective megapixels, the latest BIONZ X image processing engine...
- Superior Autofocus with 4D Focus: The Alpha 6100 incorporates Sony’s unrivaled 4D FOCUS system for unsurpassed fast autofocus (AF) acquisition time that can...
- Real-Time-Tracking: Keeping active subjects in constant, steady focus is absolutely vital to capturing every important moment, whether you're covering a...
- Connectivity: It features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, memory card slot for easy connectivity
- FAST AND PRECISE AUTOFOCUS: rely on 0.02s AF, Real Time tracking and Eye AF (human/animal) to keep your subject sharp in any situation.
- PERFECT FOR VIDEO CREATORS: High resolution 4K HDR movie recording and Full HD slow motion feature (120p) with autofocus.
- NEVER MISS A MOMENT: Up to 11fps with Autofocus.
- CAPTURE CREATIVE ANGLES: easily frame up your subject when shooting from low or high angles with the tilting touch monitor.
- IDEAL FOR: starters and advanced users who wants a compact everyday lens (Sony 16-50mm) and an additional zoom (Sony 55-210mm) to capture sports and...
- FAST AND PRECISE AUTOFOCUS: rely on 0.02s AF, Real Time tracking and Eye AF (human/animal) to keep your subject sharp in any situation
- PERFECT FOR VIDEO CREATORS: High resolution 4K HDR movie recording and Full HD slow motion feature (120p) with autofocus
- NEVER MISS A MOMENT: Up to 11fps with Autofocus
- CAPTURE CREATIVE ANGLES: easily frame up your subject when shooting from low or high angles with the tilting touch monitor
- SHARE YOUR CREATION: Easily share on your mobile devices via the Imaging Edge app (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth).Video capture resolution: FHD 1080p
- Faster Autofocus: Shoot up to 11fps with 425 phase detection auto focus points and 0.05 sec AF speed
- Incredible Photography: Advanced 24.2 MP Exmore CMOS sensor expands sensitivity and minimizes noise
- Electronic Viewfinder: Cameras feature a high resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder for enhanced viewing
- 4K & HD Recording: Record professional content with multiple movie functions and full pixel readout
- Compact & Durable: Dust and moisture seals protect the magnesium alloy body from harsh conditions
Last update on 2023-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why is it Important to Consider Buying Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras For Video?
There are numerous reasons why Aps-C mirrorless cameras are becoming popular for video purposes. In this section, we will highlight some of the most significant advantages that should encourage you to consider them.
Better image quality than phone or compact cameras
Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras For Video offer better image quality than phone or compact cameras for a few reasons. First, they offer larger sensors than those found in phone or compact cameras. A larger sensor size means more light can enter the camera, resulting in sharper and more detailed images.
Additionally, Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras For Video usually come with interchangeable lenses. This allows for greater control over the image and the ability to use specific lenses for different scenarios. These cameras also typically have manual exposure controls, which offer greater control over the final image. All of these features combine to create images with better dynamic range, more accurate colors, and sharper details, making them an ideal choice for video production.
Interchangeable lenses for greater creative flexibility
Interchangeable lenses in Aps-C mirrorless cameras provide greater creative flexibility to videographers. With the ability to switch between different lenses, videographers can capture different perspectives, angles, and styles of footage within the same shoot. This increases the visual variety and makes the final product more interesting for the viewers.
Moreover, each lens has its own unique properties which affect the final image. For instance, a wide-angle lens can capture more of the scene in a single frame, while a telephoto lens is great for zooming in on specific details. A fast lens is excellent for low-light conditions, while a lens with image stabilization can minimize camera shake and produce smooth footage. Videographers can choose the best lens for their intended shot, producing professional-grade footage that stands out from the rest.
Larger sensor size for improved low light performance
A larger sensor size in a mirrorless camera means that it can capture more light, resulting in better low-light performance. This is because the larger sensor size allows for larger pixels, which are more sensitive to light. This, in turn, reduces the amount of digital noise that is generated in low-light conditions, resulting in cleaner and sharper images.
The APS-C sensor size is larger than the sensor size found in point-and-shoot cameras or smartphones, which means that it can capture more light and result in less noise. This is particularly important for video, as noise in low-light conditions can be very distracting and affect the overall quality of the footage. Overall, opting for an APS-C mirrorless camera for video can improve the quality of footage in low-light situations.
Ability to shoot in manual mode for more control over settings
Shooting in manual mode is essential for controlling the exposure, depth of field, and the overall look of a video. While automatic settings can work well in some situations, manual mode allows for more creative control and the ability to adjust settings to suit the specific environment and lighting conditions.
With Aps-C mirrorless cameras, shooting in manual mode is often easier and more intuitive thanks to their advanced technology and features. The camera’s sensor is larger than that of compact cameras, meaning it can capture more light and produce higher quality images. Additionally, with the ability to change lenses and use different accessories such as tripods and filters, Aps-C mirrorless cameras provide a lot of flexibility for videographers who want to experiment with different techniques and styles of shooting.
When it comes to capturing high-quality video, certain features play a crucial role in choosing the best APS-C mirrorless camera. These factors can make a significant difference in the clarity and overall quality of your video footage. Below, we outline some of the key points to consider before making your selection.
Sensor size is an important factor to consider when purchasing Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras for video because it directly affects the quality of the footage captured. A larger sensor size allows for more light to hit the sensor, resulting in better low light performance and a wider dynamic range. This means that images will appear sharper and more vibrant, with more details visible in shadow and highlight areas.
Additionally, a larger sensor size can create a shallower depth of field, resulting in more cinematic-looking footage with a blurred background. This effect can be desirable for certain types of video, such as interviews or narrative filmmaking. Overall, considering sensor size before buying Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras for video is important to ensure that the camera meets your specific needs and produces the desired image quality.
When it comes to shooting video on APS-C mirrorless cameras, lens options play a crucial role. The right lens can drastically change the look and feel of your footage, affecting the overall quality of your final product. It is essential to consider the focal length, aperture, and image stabilization when selecting your lens, as these factors can impact the depth of field, low-light performance, and camera shake in your footage.
Furthermore, investing in high-quality lenses can provide added versatility and flexibility in your filming styles. With a selection of lenses that suit different shooting scenarios, you can experiment with different focal lengths, create unique looks, and capture varying perspectives. A wide and diverse range of lenses can inspire creativity and elevate your filmmaking capabilities. Therefore, it is essential to carefully consider your lens options before making your final decision on an aps-C mirrorless camera for video.
Autofocus system is one of the most important factors to consider before buying an APS-C mirrorless camera for video. Autofocus system allows the camera to track and focus on the subject automatically, ensuring that it stays in focus throughout the video.
With the advancement in technology, autofocus systems have improved significantly in mirrorless cameras, providing accurate and fast autofocus capabilities. As a result, using an autofocus system in mirrorless cameras allows videographers to produce high-quality and professional videos without the need for manual focus adjustments. Therefore, if you’re a videographer, it is crucial to consider the autofocus system in a mirrorless camera before making your purchase.
Video resolution/frame rates
When it comes to buying an APS-C mirrorless camera for video, the video resolution and frame rates are crucial factors that should be considered. The resolution determines the clarity and sharpness of the video, while the frame rate determines the smoothness and fluidity of the video playback.
A higher resolution, such as 4K, provides sharper and more detailed videos, which is important for a professional-looking result. Additionally, a higher frame rate, such as 60fps, allows for smoother and more natural-looking movements, particularly when it comes to action or sports footage. Therefore, considering the video resolution and frame rate is essential when looking for an APS-C mirrorless camera as it can greatly affect the overall quality of the video footage that can be produced.
Image stabilization is essential for shooting high-quality videos with Aps-C Mirrorless Cameras. Without it, videos shot with a handheld camera can often appear shaky and may not provide the professional look that many videographers aspire to achieve. By providing image stabilization, the camera compensates for the small movements and vibrations that may occur while shooting, resulting in a smoother, more stable video.
Choosing an Aps-C Mirrorless Camera with good image stabilization is particularly important if you plan to shoot video in environments with low lighting or in challenging outdoor conditions. With image stabilization, you will have greater control over your footage, allowing you to capture clear and stable videos without the need for additional equipment or editing. Overall, considering image stabilization capability before buying an Aps-C Mirrorless Camera is crucial for achieving professional-quality videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of using an APS-C mirrorless camera for video?
APS-C mirrorless cameras are a popular choice for video makers due to their lightweight, compact design, and ability to deliver high-quality video footage. With a mirrorless camera, there is no mechanical mirror inside the camera, which means that there is less vibration and less noise inside the camera. This results in smoother footage, which is essential in video production. With their high-resolution sensors, excellent autofocus systems, and interchangeable lenses, APS-C mirrorless cameras offer great flexibility in composing and capturing video footage. Moreover, they often feature advanced video features such as slow-motion and 4K resolution, making them suitable for professional use.
Another advantage of using an APS-C mirrorless camera for video is that they often offer better battery life than traditional video cameras. This allows you to shoot for longer periods without needing frequent battery changes. Additionally, mirrorless cameras offer a compact form factor which makes it easy to move around with the camera, making them perfect for on-location video shoots. Finally, with their large sensors, APS-C mirrorless cameras are able to deliver better low-light performance than smaller sensors, which is important in indoor or low-light environments where you want to capture high-quality video footage.
Can APS-C mirrorless cameras produce high-quality video comparable to full-frame cameras?
Yes, APS-C mirrorless cameras can produce high-quality video comparable to full-frame cameras. While full-frame cameras have larger sensors, APS-C cameras can still offer impressive image and video quality. The difference in sensor size mainly affects low-light performance and depth of field, but modern APS-C cameras have advanced technology that can compensate for these differences. Additionally, factors such as lens quality, image stabilization, and video recording features also play a significant role in the final video quality, regardless of sensor size. Thus, APS-C mirrorless cameras can produce high-quality video that can compare to full-frame cameras.
What are some popular APS-C mirrorless cameras for video production?
Some popular APS-C mirrorless cameras for video production are the Sony Alpha a6500, Fujifilm X-T3, Canon EOS M6 Mark II, and the Panasonic Lumix G85. These cameras offer high-quality video recording with advanced features such as 4K resolution, slow-motion recording, and high-speed autofocus.
The Sony Alpha a6500 is a top choice for its 4K video recording capability, in-body image stabilization, and fast autofocus. The Fujifilm X-T3 is also a great option, offering 4K video recording up to 60fps and a high-speed autofocus system. The Canon EOS M6 Mark II is known for its Dual Pixel autofocus system, which allows for smooth and accurate focus tracking during video recording. Finally, the Panasonic Lumix G85 offers impressive image stabilization, 4K video recording, and a weather-sealed body for shooting in various conditions.
What are the key factors to consider when choosing an APS-C mirrorless camera for video?
When choosing an APS-C mirrorless camera for video, some key factors to consider include the camera’s video capabilities (such as resolution, frame rate, and codec options), the availability of external microphone and headphone jacks for audio recording and monitoring, the camera’s autofocus system, the quality of the camera’s LCD screen for monitoring shots, the camera’s battery life, and the lens options available for the camera’s mount. Additionally, users may want to consider the camera’s size and weight for portability and the overall price of the camera and any accessories needed for video shooting.
To sum up, the best aps-c mirrorless cameras for video offer stunning image quality, great performance, and superb functionality. They bring advanced features, such as 4K recording, slow-motion, and fast autofocus, within reach of the ambitious videographer. We hope this guide has helped you find the perfect camera for your videography needs, and we encourage you to explore the recommended options in more detail to find the one that best fits your requirements.